WORD COUNTS: Check the Open Submissions page for the word count for each Anthology.
DEADLINE: Unless otherwise specified on the Open Submissions page, each Anthology is open until filled. We will accept/reject submissions on a first-come first-serve basis. A deadline will be set when the anthology is approximately 3/4 of the way full.
Subject Line -- Anthology Title: Story Title/Name/Word Count
Example: Strange Tales of Horror: A Matter of Time and Persistence/Matt Nord/6,000
Include In The Body Of Your Email:
- Brief Cover Letter -- A short greeting. You may include a list of publication credits or any other information you would like, but it is not necessary. Include Contact Informationg (Your REAL NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS, at the bare minimum)
- Biography - Include a short (2-4 sentence) biography, written in the third person. This will run after your story in the anthology (if selected for publication)
All Submitted Fiction Should Be In The Following Format:
- Send as an RTF attachment
- Courier (or similar easy-to-read font), 12 pt
- Left Justified (Align Text Left)
- No Spaces Between Paragraphs
- Section Breaks Marked With Centered ***
- TITLE half way down the first page, BYLINE/WRITING AS NAME below the title
- No Headers, No Footers, No Page Numbers
- Use Italics when needed. Do not use _underlines_ or *astericks*.
- Use "double quotation marks" instead of 'single quotation marks'.
Please place your contact information on the title page:
Name (and pseudonym, if applicable) Approximate Word Count
Frequently Asked Questions
Who may submit?
- Any person 19 years of age and older may submit to NorGus Press (19 is the legal age of majority in New York State, where NorGus Press is located)
- Authors 16-18 years of age may submit if they provide a letter of permission from their parent/legal guardian.
Do you only accept stories written in third person?
- We MUCH PREFER stories written in the third person, though stories written in the first person will be considered. We are not looking for stories told through second person.
What are your content standards?
- Graphic language/scenes are welcome as long as integral to the story.
Do you accept Multiple Submissions?
- Yes. Unlike many anthologies we currently welcome multiple submissions from authors. Max of 3, please.
Do you accept Simultaneous Submissions?
- No, we do not accept simultaneous submissions. We try to send out rejections and/or short list notifications in a timely fashion. Please note the date of the deadline when you submit your story. As we do not make any final selections until the after the deadline has passed, it is possible we may hold on to your story for a long time. If you don't want to wait for a response, please submit your story close to the deadline.
Do you accept Reprints?
- No, we are looking for original, unpublished work.
Can I mail you my submission? I don't have/like/want email.
- At this time we are only accepting electronic submissions. If you got to this website, you have to Internet, and if you have to Internet, you can set up an email address.
Do I get paid for my story?
- Compensation is 1 digital copy if the story is over the minimum word count. If you submit and we accept flash fiction, compensation is exposure only.
Will you notify me that you received my submission?
- We will send you an email. If over 30 days have passed and you haven’t received a reply, please send us an inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.